How to Shampoo and Condition your hair
1. Brush your hair before entering the shower, this will mean less detangling afterwards.
2. Wet all of your hair with warm water. Do not use hot water as the heat can cause damage.
3. Use a fruity or citrus shampoo first, these are stronger and will remove any dirt in your hair. Then wash this off.
4. For your second shampoo use a shampoo suited to your hair needs (volume, repair, colour). The amount that you use should depend on your hair length and texture. Massage the shampoo into the scalp with your fingertips, this is softer on your scalp than using your fingernails. Then wash this off.
5. Put a small amount of conditioner onto the palm of your hand. Starting at the nape of your neck, comb the conditioner through your hair with your fingers until you have reached the tips of your hair. There is no need to use too much conditioner.
6. Leave the conditioner in your hair for 3-5 minutes, this is just so it has time to do its job. You can continue combing the hair while waiting but you don't need to as the steam in the bathroom will help.
7. Rinse with warm water so that all the conditioner is washed out.
8. Blast your hair with cool water just to close the cuticles, these are the little scales on the hair that help to protect it, before leaving the shower.